This is the document section of the MetroRADON website where project outputs are shared.
Newsletters & Status Reports
- December 2017 newsletter
- July 2018 newsletter
- Status Report July 2018
- January 2019 newsletter
- Status Report January 2019
Reports & Journal Publications
- Literature review of indoor radon surveys in Europe – JRC Technical Report, Gordana Pantelic (VINS), et al.
- PANTELIĆ G, ČELIKOVIĆ I, ŽIVANOVIĆ M, VUKANAC I, NIKOLIĆ JK, CINELLI G, GRUBER V, Literature review of Indoor radon surveys in Europe, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, 2018, ISBN 978-92-79-97643-8 (online), doi:10.2760/977726 (online), JRC114370
- Radon Priority Areas – Definition, Estimation and Uncertainty, Peter Bossew
- Bossew, P., Radon Priority Areas – Definition, Estimation and Uncertainty, Nuclear Technology and Radiation Protection 33, 3 (2018), p. 286-292, https://doi.org/10.2298/NTRP180515011B
- Review of potential techniques and materials to reduce the influence of thoron on radon measurements and calibrations, Olli Holmgren (STUK), et al.
Presentations & Posters (incomplete list)
- 5th European Congress of the International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA), 4-8 June 2018, The Hague, The Netherlands:
- Designing and construction of a new radon calibration facility in Romania, Aurelian Luca et al. (IFIN-HH)
- Towards new primary emanation sources for Rn-222 (poster presentation), Florian Mertes et al. (PTB)
- 12th Conference on Geostatistics for Environmental Applications (geoENV 2018), 2-6 July 2018, Belfast, United Kingdom:
- Radon priority areas – definition, estimation and uncertainty, Peter Bossew (BfS)
- 2nd International Workshop on the European Atlas of Natural Radiation (IWEANR 2017), 6–9 November 2017, Verbania, Italy:
- The geogenic radon hazard index – another attempt, Peter Bossew (BfS) et al.
- Determination of radon priority areas – a classification problem, Peter Bossew (BfS)
- State of BSS implementation – definition of Rn priority areas, Peter Bossew (BfS)
- An extensive indoor radon measurement campaign to define radon priority areas in Austria, Valeria Gruber et al. (AGES)
- Click here to download the workshop’s agenda.
- Click here to download all workshop presentations.
- 19th Annual Conference of the International Association for Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG), 2-8 September, Olomouc, Czech Republic:
- Radon priority areas as random objects, Peter Bossew (BfS)
- 14th International Workshop on the Geological Aspects of Radon Risk Mapping (GARRM), 18-21 September 2018, Prague, Czech Republic:
- The History of Radon Calibration in the Czech Republic, Eliska Fialova (SUJCHBO)
- Estimation of Radon Priority Areas – sources of error and uncertainty, Peter Bossew (BfS)
- A radon mapping exercise within the European MetroRADON project, Valeria Gruber (AGES)
- 9th International Conference on High Level Environmental Radiation Areas (ICHLERA), 24-27 September, 2018, Aomori, Japan:
- Radon priority areas and radon extremes – an initial study, Peter Bossew (BfS)
- Radon Outcomes on Mitigation Solutions (ROOMS), 27-28 September, 2018, Lugano, Switzerland:
- MetroRADON project and its potential impact on mitigation practices, Dobromir Pressyanov (SUBG), Wolfgang Ringer (AGES)
- IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference 2018 (NSS/MIC), 10-17 November 2018, Sydney, Australia:
- High sensitivity passive radon detector for measuring radon in low-background underground nuclear/particle physics laboratories, Dobromir Pressyanov, et al. (SUBG)
- Design and Field Tests of Scintillation Spectrometer for Continuous 222Rn in Soil-gas Monitoring (poster presentation), Krasimir Mitev, et al. (SUBG)
- Method for characterization of filters used for efficiency variation in TDCR (poster presentation), Ch. Dutsov, et al. (SUBG/CEA)